Well, I have now been here for over a week, and the Jumpstart orientation week has come to an end. I am officially a freshman at Walla Walla University, and I will be starting classes tomorrow. At 10am, I have Intro To Music, followed by Pre-Calculus, then A&P at noon. I'm in the process of looking for a job and getting textbooks purchased. Those things are SOOOO expensive! I priced them out at the University Shop, and they were nearly $800. Online I found them for $462. But I can't afford either, so I'm buying some at the University Shop, and some online.
Tonight is the Welcome Back Bash. We will have a bunch of activities and such, and will have the opportunity to sign up for various on-campus clubs. I'm really enjoying dorm life, as I always have. Last night from 11pm-1am I played a game called Battlefield, basically a huge game of tag that covers several blocks, even miles. The person that is "it" is in a car with a spotter holding a flashlight, and everyone else has to reach a certain place that was preassigned without being caught. Pretty much anything goes, as far as running through people's yards, hiding in bushes, etc. But we hope that most people have the respect not to encroach on private property. :-) And if the cops give someone a hard time, they're on their own.
So now I'm sitting in the dorm (Sittner, the main men's dorm). I'm in the lobby where everyone is watching the Dallas-Washington football game on the big-screen TV. It's hilarious how many girls are hardcore football fans.
Anyways, I'm going to go buy some books at the University Shop, then see who I can come up with to hang out with....
No comments:
Post a Comment