Fast-forward three months. I am now at Weimar Institute in Northern California. I have been taking classes pertaining to Hydrotherapy and Massage, and I’ve had the opportunity to shadow a massage therapist throughout part of his day working. Weimar College is an SDA college that was formed to educate particularly with a health emphasis. On the campus with the college is located the NEWSTART Lifestyle Program. People come from literally all over the US to spend the 18 days taking part in the program, learning how to improve and regain their health. They receive massages and hydrotherapy; they attend lectures on how to get and maintain good health; they enjoy eating delicious vegan food prepared by the college cafeteria; and over 15 miles of wooded trails await them, as exercise is a key part of any healthy individual. The program is there to help people “reverse diabetes, restore hearts, relieve arthritis, renew immune systems, shed pounds, lower cholesterol, increase energy, and enhance vital capacity.” It does all of this by following the acronym NEWSTART:
N = Nutrition
E = Exercise
W = Water
S = Sunlight
T = Temperance
A = fresh Air
R = Rest
T= Trust in divine power
Each of the students in the college have an opportunity to practically assist the NEWSTART patients in various ways as we learn how to give a full-body massage, how to give a fever treatment, and the ins and outs of properly administering a contrast shower. In our classes, we’ve learned the various muscles and massage strokes and how they relate to one another. It is amazing how much massage, when appropriately given, can do for the immune system and the overall health of the body. Together with the high spiritual atmosphere and great Christian friends, Weimar is yet another awesome experience that I have the privilege to tack onto my time in WFL. I would encourage you to check out the success stories on their website. They were a huge blessing to me when I read them. Just Google “NEWSTART” and you’ll find it.
1 comment:
hmmm... how bout you fastforward a few more months?... :P
Post a Comment